Unfortunately, all fun must come to an end and I returned to work on January 2nd, leaving me with little time to focus on anything but Olivia in the evenings. No time for the blog, no time for our "photo sessions", no time to do anything but hold my little girl, by choice of course! I really did not want to return to work or send Olivia to daycare, but you have to do what you have to do to survive. The first day back was rough, but Olivia did really well in daycare according "the lady" that watches her. Me, on the other hand, not quite so good. But we will adjust and we will get into our own routine. The worst part is that I feel so cheated. I feel cheated of my daughter's childhood. My favorite part of our day together has always been the morning...she is soooo happy, always smiling and laughing. Now "that lady" gets to see all those beautiful smiles and precious giggles. I am scared of missing all her "firsts"...the first time she rolls over, sits up, crawls, walks, EVERYTHING! I am beyond devastated. Chris always tells me..."you knew you would have to go back to work, we had discussed this", but I NEVER knew it would be this painful and difficult. I love her more than words can say and I don't want to miss a thing.
Excuse me while I wipe my tears away :(


1 comment:
I'm sorry, Brianne! The first few days are rough, but trust me, it does get easier. Daycare is great for kids too - think of all the social interaction she is getting. Teagun loves to go to "school". Just make sure you are totally happy with the daycare she is in and that does make it a lot easier too. Hang in there...
Post a Comment